For our kit we chose to use papers from Kaisercraft Periwinkle Collection, here is my version.
I gutted the"Hint" paper to 3cm from the edge, cut "Breath" to 26 x 29 cm - vertical - and a strip of"Whisper" 5 x 29 cm. I distressed the edges apart from the right hand edge of breath which I punched with a notched edge.
A brick wall mask was used to add the texture paste and the page put aside to dry.
You can see a close up of the wall effect below.
I then used the offcut from breath to punch a lace edge using a Martha Stewart Embroidery deep edge punch. Narrow strips of hint and secret were cut and all edged distressed and inked.
I cut several strips of paper and hand cut label edges of various sizes, all of which were inked and a fine line drawn with black pen. These were placed under the edge of the photograph (which is approximately 4x4") to create a border.
Several layers of Tattered florals petals were cut and layered, again each inked and lined with pen, the assembled randomly having been scrunched.
The leaves were cut with a sizzix leaf die and lined with black pen too.
I had created a tear on the left hand side and layered underneath with additional blooms and a piece of the leftover punched lace and added the strips below the photo.
A rectangle was placed under the photo mount, I used the cut-off strips from the paper to create the tags. The hearts were punched with a stamping up punch as were the birds.
I added some jewells to finish the page and some faux stitching.
Heather's original page is:
and our sketch
Still time to enter the challenge - click on the link in the side bar for details.
For the month of February we have been playing with Texture Paste!
Here is a reminder that we are scraplifting this beautiful layout by Heather Jacob
this is our sketch
I used Kaiser Craft papers from the Periwinkle collection.
Ash Bazzill and some clear crystal gems.
Here is a brief description of what I did:
I kept the Ash Bazzill whole
to make a firm base for the whole layout.
'Dawn' paper I punched down the right side with a border punch, then tore the other three sides so the finished piece was about 10" x 11". I took the left over strip, turned it over, trimmed the ends so it was a little shorter than the first piece and place to left tucking it
under the larger piece slightly.
Next I took the 'Whisper' paper and tore two strips approx. 3/4" x 10". This was placed horizontally across the layout under the photo.
'Hint' paper I trimmed one side with a deep edge border punch to create a lacy
pattern. Then I cut a piece about 9 1/2" and added it just above the two horizontal
strips of floral paper, setting the remainder aside for later. I tore a piece - bird side up - about 1
1/2" x 9" which was tucked in vertically over the left side piece of
black patterned paper and slightly under the main peach piece.
Next I made
a tear up from the bottom on the right side and folded it back. Then I tore a scrap from
the blue dot side of the 'Whisper' paper and tucked this under gap. I added a short piece
of the left over lacy border punched earlier. I repeated this with a smaller tear low
down on the left side and tucked under a torn piece of floral side of 'Whisper'. I tucked in a punched leaf frond using the black side of 'Hint' paper into the gap.
After inking all the torn edges I lightly stuck them in place. I decorated them with the sewing machine
and some cream and black threads. I further distressed the edges up to the stitching.
texture paste and mask I added some harlequin shapes to the top left area of
the layout. After allowing this to dry I inked it slightly to highlight the shapes, and texture.
I cut my photo mount from a plain peach area of 'Breath' paper. I made a selection of label
shapes in different papers and sizes cut using the Cricut and punches - these were cut up as only small amounts of each was needed to peek out from under the photo. I inked the edges and drew round the shapes with a pen. After building up the arrangement I stuck everything in place.
I used Sizzlets Tattered Flower Garland decorative strip die, and cut leaves and flowers
using 'Breath' paper. I used leaves from the aqua side and the flowers from the
peach side. I inked the edges of all these shapes, scrunched them up and stuck them in place. I added a gem to the centre of each flower.
I cut my letters for title with Sizzlets Typeset decorative strip die and stick this to the bottom left of page.
From the manufacture's strips at the bottom of each paper I cut three flags about
2" long. These were added to the right of the photo. about 1/2" apart. Three x
1/2" punched circles from some peach paper were inked and added to left of each flag with a 3D
pad. A gem was added to each circle and coloured with sky blue Promarker. Then I added three more
circles and gems to the top of two horizontal strips of paper. These were coloured with a spice Promarker.
Finally I added a gem to each tear.
Thanks for looking. Please pop over to A Moment In Time to find out more about my layout and other projects.