The papers are from the Basic Grey Serenade collection, Chemise and Bowler Hat.
I cut the Bowler Hat on the opposite edges to the Robin so that it measured 11.5" and distressed the edges.
The Chemise sheet was gutted to 1"and used as an edge to stick the Bowler Hat to.
I folded back the bottom right of the page and cut a 5" square of the musical note paper, distressed the edges, cut diagonally and added to both sides. A flower was used to anchor the page down.
The photo was mounted onto the reverse of the musical paper and edged with scalloped scissors.
I cut a strip on the left of the page and inserted the ribbon which was tucked around the right edge then added the photograph and a knot to the right. The decorative strips from the cut-off edges were used to frame the photo too.
The words are a stamp as below.
The tree above is a Memory box die with Martha Stewart punched birds added with 3d foam.
The letters are from a Quick-cutz alphabet and I used the label on the page to add the date.
Flowers & leaves were tucked into the folded edge as below and the end wires twisted around a pokey tool to make spirals.
More roses were tucked into a tear on the left hand side and over the ribbon.
A couple of scrolls cut with a Memory box die were added either side.
Still time to enter, use the link in the side bar.
We have had a message from Heather Jacob, it was her lovely layout that we were scraplifting, and she has chosen the winner:
"Firstly may I say a special thanks for asking me to
participate in this Fabulous challengeand for each and everyone of you who created a layout with
I felt all the entries were gorgeous and all had something
beautiful to offer in an arty sense, well done everyone ... I found it was
difficult to choose.
my choice is Karen P. as my winner (with 5 out of 7 ain't bad). Karen your layout was beautifully executed and really stood
out with a clean crispness. The masking looked stunning, with eye catching
texture,and the delicate butterfly adding the perfect balance to a
divine, dreamy piece of artwork. congratulations to you . Well done....
... a special mention to Karen (Scrapdolly ) a very close second .
Karen your work is beautiful, perfectly balanced with
delightful elements and your choice of colors adding a glorious richness to your
page. ... well done .
love and hugz from Heather xxoxo"
Thanks to all who took part and well done to Karen and Karen!
Here is how I made my layout for March - with the peeking elements.
I used this photo of my daughter Catherine, in the autumn of 2009, while looking round Rose Bruford College, when she was considering which universities to apply to. It doesn't seem that long ago, but she has now nearly finished her three years at St. Mary's University College.
I used Bazzill in whirlpool, sherbet, orange crush, lime sherbet and ash.
I used two Basic Grey Serenade papers,
I trimmed this down slightly so a small border of the other paper shows around the edges, as I wanted to keep some of the borders on this first paper.
I gutted this sheet so I had a 2" border to play with, using it dotty side up so the dots show when I folded over the top corner and bottom edge, I used the remainder white side up to mount the photo and to cut my swirly fronds.
I cit the photo mount from the white side of the Bowler hat paper, using scallop edged scissors, making sure I had some of the lacy trim and leaves down the left side.
All the blossoms were from Wild Orchid Crafts.
In the top left corner I used a paper doily together with a chrysanthemum, two aqua roses and some rose leaves, I used a cherry blossom to hold down the fold together with two more leaves.
Along the folded back edge at the bottom of the page I added another cherry blossoms, two small roses and two sizes of rose leaves.
I added a wide light blue organza ribbon from Mei Flower, then added another large aqua rose and a leaf.
Using the Marianne Garden Flower Die I cut two from the dotty paper scraps. I added a few tiny flowers cut using the Martha Stewart 3 in 1 Hydrangea punch. Liquid pearls was used to add centres to all the punched flowers. The Title was cut with a Quickutz alphabet from the Ash cardstock.
I loved this tree full of cute birds but they were very pale and i wanted to make a feature of them so....
... I got the Promarkers out and coloured in the branches and birds, I added more hydrangeas from the punch. Then I gave the birds a coat of Glossy Accents. I cut round the lower bird with a craft knife so it would sit over the ribbon.
Thanks for looking
Please go to my blog for more details and other ideas.
This monthwe are scraplifting our own team memberLynn Cooper. This is a layout she designed for a class at Jill's Cardinal Colours weekend crop last October.
Please use the technique and the sketch to come up with your own layout and share it with us to be in with a chance of winning a prize.
For technique we would like you to have some elements which peek from a hidden place, like the flowers that peek from the corner and the side on this layout. Maybe they could peek from under the photo or somewhere else -the choice is yours and we can't wait to see what you create.
We drew our sketch as always
Here are the layouts created by our design team to give you some inspiration. Please click on the names to be taken to the relevant blogs.
We are offering two Scrapology kits as a prize for this month's challenge.
We hope you will joining the fun and enter the challenge by creating a layout using the sketch and some peeking elements. To enter the challenge, comment below with a link to the post on your blog where your layout is featured. If you don't have a blog please email us with an image - address in sidebar.
The challenge closes at midnight on 5th April 2012
Please create a new layout for this challenge - no back links will be accepted.
Prize available to UK residents only.
Looking forward to seeing what you all make - good luck.