Pages

Wednesday 12 January 2011

How I made my January page


Here is how I made my double layout using the sketch we chose from Jana Eubank.


Linda and I both used a collection pack from My Mind's Eye called 'I Believe' available from Jill at Cardinal Colours. This kit contains 9 sheets of double-sided patterned paper, many of which can be used for non- Christmas layouts as well and seasonal papers. The papers have some glitter on them too. There is also a sheet of die cut card shapes.

I picked two sheets of 12"x12" Bazzill Bling cardstock in red, which I gutted to leave a frame of at least 1" around all four sides, this gave me spare card for mounting my photos later.

The polka dot paper was cut in two pieces measuring 5"x11" each.  These were mounted to leave half an inch of red cardstock showing at the top and in from both sides of the cardstock.
 Two pieces 6"x11" were cut from the thin stripe paper and these were mounted in the same way on the bottom of each page.
I cut the paper with trees and deer to 9"x12" and mounted them across both pages cutting down the centre vertically, and matching both halves back up before sticking down.
Then with diagonal red striped paper was cut into two pieces, both to measure 5.5"x11.5" and stuck them centrally across both pages.


I cut a narrow strip in green (approx. 10"x1" for left page and 12"x1" for the right) and trimmed them with the Martha Stewart holly border punch.  I added this along the bottom of the the diagonal stripe paper. I added a few dots of liquid Pearls in red for berries.

The journalling blocks were made by cutting one of the die cut shapes into two and adding half to each page. The Title is created with American Craft Thickers in glittery red. The small letter tiles are stickers left over from another layout. I added the journalling detail by hand, and decorated the blocks with red gems.

The three landscape photos were trimmed and mounted on red cardstock. The one 4"x6" portrait photo was mounted on mint paper leaving a wide border at the bottom. I attached ribbon and a charm.


Linda cut flowers from a sheet of patterned paper to make a seasonal wreath around the photos.


There was a lot of paper left after making the double layouts so we made mini albums too. We will share these with you later in the month.

I hope you will have a go at this challenge and share your layout with us.

3 comments:

  1. Lynn
    You make it sound so simple! I got into quite a state with my layout as I was trying to copy the template and it took me ages to work out which papers went where and which went with which!
    Yours and Linda's look beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have obviously been hiding my head int he sand as I never even knew you were here. So many scrappers I admire in one place. It would have been rude not to play. I loved the sketch
    My page is here
    http://dollysdreamings.typepad.com/dollys_dreamings/2011/01/scrapping-from-sketches.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LOs - well done on a fab version of the sketch.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.