Pages

Saturday 15 December 2012

December Card Challenge - recycle


We have a great challenge for you this month. Our own Design Team member - Lou is asking us all to make a card including recycled or natural materials like packaging or dried twigs.

Lou is kindly offering all these lush goodies for the winner:

Kaisercraft Botanical Odyssey Rubons
Kaisercraft Botanical Odyssey Collectables
Kaisercraft Botanical Odyssey Clear Stamp Set
Kaisercraft Miss Match Bingo Cards (10 pk)
Kaisercraft 6" x 6" Christmas paper pad
Jillibean Soup Label Stickers
Jillibean Soup Bean Stalks Pink & Lilac Twine
X-Cut Tri-Boss embossing folder - bottle tops
X-Cut Tri-Boss embossing folder - haberdashery
Maya Road Kraft Clock Faces
Colorbok Victorian Parlour Die Cut pieces
Zva Pink Crystal Swirls
Tim Holtz Symphony Tissue Tape
Prima Botanical Collection Chipboard Shapes
Assorted Ribbons
Piece of hessian
3 medium wooden pegs.

Here is LOU's card:

"Here is my 'recycled' card. I used corrugated card for the base, a clothing tag, a strip of Tim Holtz packaging, a small bulldog clip, some string and stamped my sentiment onto plastic packaging using stazOn and then a white gel pen :)"


All we ask is that when you enter you post your card on your blog with a link to this challenge post and add a photoof Lou's prize  and a link to this challenge on your blog too.

Here are the rest of the Design Team's cards.


SUE

Made out of a Costa Christmas takeout Cup




"I used some plastic packaging to make a shaker box and also some ribbon that was part of some other packaging."




"The photo, that was unused and sitting on my desk, a page recycled from an old stamp catalogue, and a rubber band!!



LINDA

Corrugated cardboard, card and ribbon from packaging.




I used the front cover of a gardening magazine, ribbon and bell from a well known chocolate bunny, backing card from some craft packaging.




This one uses some Dulux paint chips, a ribbon from a new pair of pyjamas!



Our GUEST DESIGNER for the month
(LESLEY HARTLEY)

"I used twigs from the garden and dried them, then painted with gesso. I also used some old pizza box and stripped it back and painted with gesso again."


The challenge will run until the 15th January and we look forward to seeing your entries.

If you don't see your image here straight away, please bear with us. We will try to edit this post at lease once a day.

Please comment below with a link to the post on your blog where your card is featured.

If you don't have a blog please send us an email with an image of your card attached - address in sidebar.

NB Unfortunately the prize is available to UK residents only but please feel free to take part anyway, it's always lovely to see your cards.

4 comments:

  1. Love this challenge - fun to try and stretch your imagination and scrapping stash! Love the DT examples - please find my take on the challenge here - http://scrappydoodledoo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/scrapology-recycling.html
    Best wishes and Happy New Year!
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love recycling challenges - so I tried to make my card from 100% recycled stuff. I love the DT examples - you wouldn't believe they weren't from expensive stash!
    Anyway - my card is on my blog here... http://arty40.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/100-recycled.html
    Thanks for looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a go too...great challenge...my post is here...http://apapergallery.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/reuse-and-recycle.html
    Happy new year everyone.
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a great challenge. My efforts can be found on my blog.
    http://ohblogitifyoucantbeatthem.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/reuse-recycle.html

    ReplyDelete

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.