and then Camellia for more flowers and to cut the circle.
Using some bazzill (dark chocolate) as a base for my layout and gutted it to give me some over for mounting my photo later. I trimmed my cotton patterned paper down to roughly 11x11" with tattered torn edges. I tore further into the paper in a couple of places. All the edges were inked before placing onto the bazzill. I tore a couple of pieces from the Ophelia paper and tucked these into the spaces, so the turquoise flower base pattern shows through.
With a circle cut from the pink geometric side of the Camellia paper, I mounted my photo on some bazzill and cut round with some scalloped scissors. I arranged these onto the layout, but before sticking down the edges of the circle I added the lace (only where it will show, to prevent too much bulk under the photo). I used less than half a yard of antique style lace.
Then came the cutting and layering of the flowers. The print is exactly the same on both sheets, the background is simply a different colour. I cut lots of flowers, and arranged the first layer into place. For the next two layers I curved them with my scissor blade, and added them with 3D Sticky Fixers foam pads to add dimension.
Further dimension was added by painting the finished flowers with Glossy Accents.
Here are some close up shots of the layering and glossed flowers.
I used stickles - 'Tiara' to dot around on big circle and 'Distress - Frayed Burlap' for stamen, and liquid pearls 'Perfect pink' for dots on photo mat.
The text is from a tatty secondhand poetry book, I distressed it further with some chalk inks.