Tuesday, 12 July 2011

How I made my July Challenge page

This months technique uses Masks and Cosmic Shimmer Mists to create a background.

I used white bazzill and layed the mask towards the top left corner then spritzed with Aqua Lagoon, and Blue Lime, then moved it lower and spritzed more Blue Lime and some Rich Gold which produced a less defined masked area.

The double sided  papers are from the Bo Bunny, Ad-Lib collection - Wild Thing, Pebbles, Vertigo & Stripe

I cut some strips approx 5cm wide and 21cm/27cm long which I placed on the right.
A wavy line from the stripe page was cut and placed horizontally.
My photograph was divided into 5cm squares and I used paper strips for the journalling.

The title was cut with Ashlyn's Alphabet and covered with glossy accents.

Below is a close up of the masked area & the mask.

I used the co-ordinating stamp set to create flowers on the patterned papers.  Stamped twice, I cut out the the centres of the "rose" type flower, used an embossing tool to create dimension and layered them up.

The large flower was cut with the extra large retro flower punch and the centre cut from the patterned paper.

Stickles were added to the centres.
This is the original sketch.

Items available from Cardinal Colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.