Pages

Saturday 10 December 2011

How I made my December page

I used American Craft, Dear Lizzy Christmas papers to create my page along with 2 sheets of Navy cardstock.


I decided to use the Merry Mistletoe paper as the base for my page.
I cut a large circle with my creative memories Cutter and red blade from the blue cardstock.
The filter paper I had was too small to fit this circle so, I folded it into a cone shape, cut a scallop in the top, then cut it in half and re-positioned it so it fitted the inner circle.
It looked too white so I used Adirondack paint daubers very lightly around the edge.
Once I had decided on the position on the page, I cut two edges square.
Using the same large circle cutter, I cut two circles using the red blade followed by the blue one to create a ring of the red paper, then reversed it so the patterned silver side was uppermost.
I cut some of the pale green paper to the same size and covered half the circle. Once the edges were all inked I put these over the filter paper and cut the same angles on two edges and fixed all layers to the page.
My main photograph is approx. 5x5” mounted with a thin border onto the navy cardstock, the smaller photos are approx. 3x2” trimmed and mounted too.
I placed them onto the page then cut and layered the poinsettias from the Merry Memories paper between them. Glossy accents and gold stickles have been used in the centres, I tucked another flower under the edge of the filter papers.

I drew some pencil lines onto the pale aqua area and wrote my journaling – only a few lines. The pencil lines are easily erased once the ink has dried fully.
A strip of white ribbon creates a border along the bottom of the page to which I added a thinner red ribbon, a 1” strip of the silver patterned paper was added beneath the white as it was too sheer.
I felt it needed a little “extra” so I stitched along the edge of the blue circle which I felt finished it off.
Apologies for the paper daisies over the photographs, this is to protect the childs ID.
This is the original layout and our sketch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.