Pages

Thursday 18 October 2012

How I made my rainbow page II - Linda


For October we were delighted that Steph Devlin agreed for us to scraplift her beautiful rainbow layout, this is my version using our monthly kit from Cardinal Colours - contact us for more details.


I edged the white bazzill with a Martha Stewart Around the page punch - pansy - and mounted onto the black which was gutted to 1"
I then punched an edge with the same punch and cut it so it was just wider than my 6x4" photograph.


I have a multitude of flower punches so set to work with the various colours of the rainbow (which learned was Richard OfYork Gave Battle In Vein' as a means of remembering the colours and their order for a rainbow. (red, orange yellow green blue indigo and violet), not singing red and yellow and pink and green etc! - how silly did I feel??)
Anyhow, the Violet appealed the most so took prominence in the centre.


Once I was happy with the placement, they were stuck down together with various pieces of ribbon and punched leaves and fronds. I added buttons and pearls to the centres.


My title is letters from My Little Shoebox and Quickutz Ginger alphabet.
All are outlined with a black micron pen.

A reminder of Steph's original page and our sketch.



Still time to enter - see the details in the sidebar...

Thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.