This is a reminder of her original layout
this was our sketch.
I used a sheet of Dotted Swiss Bazzill in Salt as my base. I then used a sheet of white Bazzill and cut the following from it:
Two circles - one 3" and one 4" (I used George and Basic Shapes Cartridge and the Cricut)
A scalloped square 5" (I used Cindy Loo Cartridge and the Cricut)
Two Garden Branches using the Marianne Design die and the Big Shot
Three Catalina Wreaths using the Memory Box die and the Big Shot
Two Kaleidoscope Butterflies using the Memory Box die and the Big Shot
With scraps of the white card punch:
Twice with the Martha Stewart 3 in 1 butterfly punch
Twice with the Martha Stewart 3 in 1 hydrangea punch
Four times with the Martha Stewart frond punch
Take the circles and run through the Big shot using the Cuttlebug Elegant Birds embossing folder.
Trim 1 1/2" from one side of the scalloped square and run this through the dandelion embossing folder.
I printed the photo to the size of 4" x 6" and then used my 4" circle as a template to cut the photo.
Then I arranged the circles, scalloped square and photo on the background, adding a doily under the photo. This was all stuck down into position. I arranged the two Catalina wreaths overlapping one another and the embossed circles, these were stuck down in just a few places with a sticky foam pad under each of the larger flowers, thus leaving the wreath free to appear to be hovering off the page. It also allows for other items to be tucked in place later.
Add the two large Memory Box butterflies one to the top right of the page and the other to the left of the larger circle - only sticking the bodies to the page so the wings are free. Add a few of the smaller butterflies above the latter in the same way.
Stick a strip of DST from the bottom centre of the photo out to the right of the layout to end at the edge of the the scalloped circle. Stick white satin ribbon over the tape pleating as you go.
Stick the two Marianne Garden Branches to the page one to the left of the ribbon reaching out to the left, the other from the bottom centre of the photo, trailing to the bottom of the layout, slightly over to the left.
Now to destroy the blossoms and leaves - Maw ha ha ha! Take the wires and any green leaves and yellow stamen off! Arrange a selection of flowers onto the page with the larger ones nearer the photo trailing down in size towards the left corner of the page. I used two white wires from the leaves to extend from the flowers, adding tiny roses at the ends and some small blossoms halfway down.
I added some petal shapes from the 3 in 1 Hydrangea punch over the centre of some of the flowers where green or yellow bits still showed, layering these up where appropriate. Add some punched leaf fronds here and there.
I added a blossom, two punched fronds and a tiny rose to the right hand end of the ribbon.
I curled up four white wires to add as tendrils from the blossoms. Also add the silk leaves.
Use flat backed pearls to add centres to some of the blossoms.
With White Opal Liquid Pearls add tiny dots around the large circle and some slightly larger dots around the scalloped edges of the square. I then added some random dots to the branches and the wreaths.
Finally cut the title in white Bazzill using Lucy QuickKuts alphabet dies. Stick to the bottom right of the layout. Highlight the title with some Glossy Accents.
Pop back to the post titles ' M is for Monochromatic' published on 1st December for more details of the challenge and the prize and to see what the rest of the DT created.
Thanks for looking