Tuesday, 5 March 2013

My Peeking Elements Layout for March

Here is how I made my layout for March - with the peeking elements.

I used this photo of my daughter Catherine, in the autumn of 2009, while looking round Rose Bruford College, when she was considering which universities to apply to. It doesn't seem that long ago, but she has now nearly finished her three years at St. Mary's University College.

We are scraplifting a layout I created for a class at Jill's Cardinal Colours Crop last September. This is my original:

here is our sketch:

Here is what I used and what I did:

I used Bazzill in whirlpool, sherbet, orange crush, lime sherbet and ash.
I used two Basic Grey Serenade papers, 

I trimmed this down slightly so a small border of the other paper shows around the edges, as I wanted to keep some of the borders on this first paper.
Bowler Hat
I gutted this sheet so I had a 2" border to play with, using it dotty side up so the dots show when I folded over the top corner and bottom edge, I used the remainder white side up to mount the photo and to cut my swirly fronds.

I cit the photo mount from the white side of the Bowler hat paper, using scallop edged scissors, making sure I had some of the lacy trim and leaves down the left side.

All the blossoms were from Wild Orchid Crafts.

In the top left corner I used a paper doily together with a chrysanthemum, two aqua roses and some rose leaves, I used a cherry blossom to hold down the fold together with two more leaves. 

Along the folded back edge at the bottom of the page I added another cherry blossoms, two small roses and two sizes of rose leaves.

I added a wide light blue organza ribbon from Mei Flower, then added another large aqua rose and a leaf.

Using the Marianne Garden Flower Die I cut two from the dotty paper scraps. I added a few tiny flowers cut using the Martha Stewart 3 in 1 Hydrangea punch. Liquid pearls was used to add centres to all the punched flowers. 
The Title was cut with a Quickutz alphabet from the Ash cardstock.
I loved this tree full of cute birds but they were very pale and i wanted to make a feature of them so....

... I got the Promarkers out and coloured in the branches and birds, I added more hydrangeas from the punch. Then I gave the birds a coat of Glossy Accents. I cut round the lower bird with a craft knife so it would sit over the ribbon. 

Thanks for looking
Lynn x

Please go to my blog for more details and other ideas. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous page, love the papers and really enjoyed reading about how you put it together :o)


Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.