Tuesday, 5 February 2013

How I made my Texture Paste Layout

For the month of February we have been playing with Texture Paste!
Here is a reminder that we are scraplifting this beautiful layout by Heather Jacob

this is our sketch 

I used Kaiser Craft papers from the Periwinkle collection.
Ash Bazzill and some clear crystal gems.

Here is a brief description of what I did:

I kept the Ash Bazzill whole to make a firm base for the whole layout.
With 'Dawn' paper I punched down the right side with a border punch, then tore the other three sides so the finished piece was about 10" x 11".   I took the left over strip, turned it over, trimmed the ends so it was a little shorter than the first piece and place to left tucking it under the larger piece slightly.

Next I took the 'Whisper' paper and tore two strips approx. 3/4" x 10". This was placed horizontally across the layout under the photo.

With 'Hint' paper I trimmed one side with a deep edge border punch to create a lacy pattern. Then I cut a piece about 9 1/2" and added it just above the two horizontal strips of floral paper, setting the remainder aside for later.  I tore a piece - bird side up - about 1 1/2" x 9" which was tucked in vertically over the left side piece of black patterned paper and slightly under the main peach piece.

Next I made a tear up from the bottom on the right side and folded it back. Then I tore a scrap from the blue dot side of the 'Whisper' paper and tucked this under gap. I added a short piece of the left over lacy border punched earlier. I repeated this with a smaller tear low down on the left side and tucked under a torn piece of floral side of 'Whisper'. I tucked in a punched leaf frond using the black side of 'Hint' paper into the gap.

After inking all the torn edges I lightly stuck them in place. I decorated them with the sewing machine and some cream and black threads.  I further distressed the edges up to the stitching.

Using texture paste and mask I added some harlequin shapes to the top left area of the layout.  After allowing this to dry I inked it slightly to highlight the shapes, and texture.

I cut my photo mount from a plain peach area of 'Breath' paper.  I made a selection of label shapes in different papers and sizes cut using the Cricut and punches - these were cut up as only small amounts of each was needed to peek out from under the photo. I inked the edges and drew round the shapes with a pen.  After building up the arrangement I stuck everything in place.

I used Sizzlets Tattered Flower Garland decorative strip die, and cut leaves and flowers using 'Breath' paper. I used leaves from the aqua side and the flowers from the peach side.  I inked the edges of all these shapes, scrunched them up and stuck them in place. I added a gem to the centre of each flower.

I cut my letters for title with Sizzlets Typeset decorative strip die and stick this to the bottom left of page.

From the manufacture's strips at the bottom of each paper I cut three flags about 2" long. These were added to the right of the photo. about 1/2" apart. Three x 1/2" punched circles from some peach paper were inked and added to left of each flag with a 3D pad. A gem was added to each circle and coloured with sky blue Promarker. Then I added three more circles and gems to the top of two horizontal strips of paper. These were coloured with a spice Promarker. 

Finally I added a gem to each tear.

Thanks for looking.
Please pop over to A Moment In Time to find out more about my layout and other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.