Here is how I made my DT entry for November. The baby in this photo is me in Beckenham Recreation Ground with my Mum and Dad back in 1960.
Here is a reminder of the original layout by Hannah Young of Handmade Hannah and the sketch.
For my layout I used papers from Fancy Pants' Beach Babe Collection
Lemonade, jumping fish, tropical and cards.
I also used white, green and lemon Bazzill
2.5 metres each of lemon and pink seam binging ribbon from Crafty Ribbons
Martha Stewart punches
Cricut Mother's Day Bouquet Cartridge
Letter stickers from My Little Shoebox
Button, DMC embroidery thread and chalk inks.
Here is a close up of the roses, please see separate post for tutorial on how these were made (posted yesterday).
1. Gut 'Tropical' paper leaving a frame of 1" all around the sides. Cut white Bazzill to measure 10 1/2" x 10 1/2". Round the corners of the Bazzill and ink the edges. Mount Bazzill centrally over the frame leaving a border of 3/4" all round with the stripes running vertically.
2. Cut a piece of 'Lemonade' paper 6" x 7" with pink side showing, trim top and bottom with border punches, ink the edges and mount 4" x 6" photo about 3/4" down from the top and right up to the right side. Punch a lace strip from lemon Bazzill, ink the edges and stick this along the bottom edge of the photo. Mount the matted photo to the layout about 2" in from the right and 2" down from the top of the layout.
3. To make the three decorative strips on the left, Cut a piece from the top, grid area of the 'Jumping Fish' paper, about 2 1/2" wide and 8 1/2" long, trim this with a deep edge punch.
Cut a strip 12" strip of 'Lemondae' paper, then cut this into two pieces, about 7" and 4". trim one short end of each of these strips with a decorative punch. Ink all three pieces. Use the gingham side of the longer piece and line this up along the right side of the grid paper. the bottom end can overhang by about 1". Take the shorted piece and use this pink side up stick this to the left of and parallel to the gingham piece. Just the punched decorative en will overlap on this piece, so all three pieces are graduated at the bottom of the layout. Stick these three pieces to the left of the photo mount, about 2" down from the top, and close up to the mount.
4. Select and cut out a journalling card from the 'Cards' paper, ink and add your details. Attach, overlapping the top left of your photo.
5. Make you three roses using your seam binding ribbon and the instructions in the tutorial (see separate, earlier post). The large one is 2", the others are 1 1/2" and 1".Arrange and attach to the layout.
6. Die cut 4 leaves (2 x 2", 1 1/2" and 1") using the Cricut and the mother's day bouquet cartridge, or cut using another method.
7. Using mini letter stickers add a small title.
8. Use a scrap of ribbon and a button and thread to add detail to the bottom left of the layout.
Thanks for looking, pop over F is for Fabric Flowers post if you wish to have a go at this challenge which runs until 5th December.