Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

How I made my March Layout III


The Blossom Babes at or Debden retreat 2011
Karen took this photo and Anita took one which included Karen, so I cut and pasted Karen into the space she had been standing in before being photographer!

Here is how I made my March layout which was a scraplift of a layout by talented DT member Anita.
This is a reminder of her beautiful original layout and the sketch.




These are the Bo Bunny's Garden Girl Collection
papers we used:

Die Cut

Garden Girl 

Cut Outs 

First of all the 'Die Cut' sheet had to be prepared, by cutting along the thick brown inner line. You are left with a scalloped frame and an orange square with decorative corners.
Stick the frame piece centrally onto the purple cardstock.

Build up the centre with double sided foam tape, and stick the orange piece back in position. 


Lots of careful cutting of the 'Cut Outs' sheet helps to make a decorative surround for the photo. Cut a quote for the top right hand corner of the layout.

I wanted slightly different words to those on the wide strip Anita used, so I used my computer and a font called Rivanna, I used two sizes and colours. First of all I cut the two butterflies and all the flowers I needed from the floral side of the 'Garden Girl' paper, then I printed onto a strip of the green side.
True friends are priceless treasures

Now take the butterflies and flowers, carefully ink and curve with scissors and add to layout with 3D foam pads as shown on the photo.

Then the fun begins, add tons of glitter with the stickles!
I also added flower stamen to the butterflies for antennae.


Thanks Anita x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.