Pages

Sunday 26 August 2012

How I made my 'N is for Netting' Layout III


This formidable looking character is called Eliza Sharp and she is a distant relative born in 1836. I discovered her through my family tree research via Genes Reunited and was sent this photograph.
I decided to make a layout with the photo as my page for the August Design Team this month.

We are scraplifting this delightful layout by 2Dogs



I used Webster's Pages - Everyday Poetry collection - die cut, Glorious Day and Little Bird Told Me.




and a piece of brown lace trim from the same collection

And this is what I did:
With the die cut paper and Douglas Fir Bazzill, I cut and added strips of cardstock around the edges and trimmed them with scallop edge scissors.  
I cut images from patterned papers, choosing all the cages, 2 butterflies, the bird, blossom branch and the butterfly chart.
From the rest of the Little Bird paper I cut 2 circles – 4” and 5”. Then I cut 2 more circles from Scout Card about 1.5” bigger than the others. I used a Martha Stewart corner punch to decorate the Scout circles, creating a lacy edge.  
I inked the circles and mounted paper circles onto card circles then placed them on to the layout where required. I mounted the photo over larger circle.
I stuck a 3” strip of lace to the top left corner and ‘hung’ a cage from it – using 3D foam pads to attach to the layout. Then added the other cages to the bottom right of the layout. Then I arranged the other items to the page. 
For each net bow, I took a 12” piece of netting and tie in a bow and stick to the page with glue.I cut the lettering with Cricut and stuck to layout.

Finally I decorate the lettering and scalloped border with the mint green liquid pearls, adding little dots to create the effect of a pearl swirl over the top right of the photo and onto the layout.

some close up photos:



.


The second bow. 

For more information please go the the 'N is for Netting' post.
The challenge runs until 5th September.

Thanks for Looking
Lynn x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.